Last Updated April 29, 2021
External Funding Opportunities
Curated Pivot Search
- The Research Enhancement Unit within the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) has identified COVID-19 related opportunities within Pivot.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has a list of funding opportunities related to COVID-19.
National Science Foundation (NSF)
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) funding database includes COVID-19 related research opportunities.
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
- PCORI COVID-19 Updates, including funding opportunities
Corporate and Foundation Funders
- The GW Corporate and Foundation Relations Funding Opportunity Database includes COVID-19-related opportunities
Other Lists of Open Funding Opportunities
- Frontiers, a leading open access publisher, has curated a list of open funding calls and other support for researchers, specifically related to COVID-19 and coronavirus-related research.
Assistance with Funding Searches
OVPR’s Research Enhancement Unit is available to assist investigators in locating appropriate funding mechanisms or refining Pivot searches. Email [email protected] to request a consultation.
Reminder: Limited Submission Opportunities
If a funding opportunity limits the number of submissions from each organization, please notify [email protected] immediately to expedite an internal review and selection process.
Review of Research Involving COVID-19
Members of the GW research community will likely mobilize to study COVID-19. All of the standard protocol reviews apply to these studies and no new projects may commence without these approvals. However, GW’s review boards have implemented plans to speed the reviews of research protocols involving COVID-19.
- The Institutional Biosafety Committee has prepared COVID-19 related guidance and reference materials for GW labs. The IBC continues to meet monthly.
- The Institutional Review Board is prioritizing the review of COVID-19 Essential Research by utilizing the rush request process. For new studies focusing on COVID-19 Essential Research, please include the term COVID in the study title, and follow the process for requesting rush review. Please feel free to reach out through OHR office hours or set up a meeting to discuss any new research and questions you may have.
- The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee will continue to conduct official business during the COVID-19 pandemic. Alternatives to face-to-face meetings such as teleconference or video conferencing will be employed in order to ensure that high priority submissions are approved within a timely manner.