Cayuse allows all users to maintain a professional profile. The information stored in your profile will autofill into a proposal when you are selected as a principal investigator (PI) or senior/key personnel and can be re-used for each proposal.
Only you have access to change your profile information, unless you grant permission to others. You may upload and store multiple biosketches in your Professional Profile. Any PI without a Professional Profile must create one prior to starting a grant application. Key persons and other significant contributors must have a Professional Profile as well. Please search your name and check that your profile does not already exist before creating a new one.
Once you are set up as a user in Cayuse, then you can log in and complete your profile by following the steps below. Please e-mail [email protected] if you do not already have a Cayuse user account.
Step 1: Log in to Cayuse 424
- Enter your Cayuse 424 URL: https://gwu.cayuse424.com
- Enter your username and password (same as your GW email login). Click sign-on.
Step 2: Find Your Profile
- Click on the “People” tab located at the top of the page.
- Search for your name using the search box.
- Click on your name. This will take you to your profile.
Step 3: Complete Your Profile
Click each section to enter the relevant information.
- Biosketches – Multiple biosketches may be uploaded. A PDF version is required but source documents may also be uploaded.
- Contact Info - This is your office address. Please be sure to also populate phone and e-mail. This autopopulates into any proposal on which you are listed as PI.
- eRA Role – If you are or will be a PI, select only this role. If you are not a PI, then do not select any roles. Do not select Administrative Official, Signing Official/AOR, or Payee.
- Department/Division/Title - The Department is your department/center/institute/office. The Division is your school or equivalent unit. The title should be populated with your GW title (i.e., Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, etc.)
- Salary/Appointment Type – Enter the appointment type and salary, if desired. Cayuse will auto-calculate salary in proposals if this is completed. The fringe benefit rate should auto-populate. Please note that this is not recommended by Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) staff.
- Performance Site – This can be your office address or a separate lab address. Be sure to check the “Active” box. If you have a lab outside your office where your research occurs, you may add this here to allow it to autopopulate in proposals.
- Routing Profile – This will be set by your school and OSP and should display the next person in your routing chain. If this looks incorrect, please notify your pre-award sponsored projects administrator (SPA).
Step 4: Adding Permissions
If you want other users to be able to view, edit or autofill the profile, then click on the “Permissions” button on the top-right of the screen. You can search for the user and give that person access to your profile. For more information about each type of permission, visit the Cayuse 424 reference site, or scroll across the permission name to see more information.
Please contact your pre-award SPA.