Proposals may require descriptions of facilities, infrastructure and resources that will support your research project. Highlighting the availability and use of these resources can make your research proposal more competitive.
The Research Enhancement Unit can provide descriptive documents or help you locate information that may be useful to you as you develop your proposal. The documents and links below outline the unique qualities of university campuses, buildings, centers and research infrastructure. Many provide language and details that can be adapted for use in proposals submitted to external sponsors.
If you do not find what you need on this page, or would like more guidance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Milken Institute School of Public Health (Milken Institute SPH)
- Facilities and other resources (DOC): Key background information about the university, Milken Institute School of Public Health and its departments and research infrastructure available to GW investigators.
Columbian College of Arts and Sciences (CCAS)
Elliott School of International Affairs (Elliott School)
School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS)
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Science and Engineering Hall
Virginia Science and Technology Campus
Research Computing and Information Technology
- Research computing documentation: The Division of Information Technology provides research computing services for GW investigators including high-performance computing for data analysis, data management support and high-performance Internet2 network infrastructure.
- Data services: GW Library services include Data Management Plans, GIS consulting, assisted research, and trainings on working with datasets.
University-wide Research Initiatives
- Institutional research initiatives: Collaborative research initiatives have been identified to help the university achieve its vision of becoming a top tier research institution.
GW’s Strategic Plan: Vision 2021
- Vision 2021: The university’s strategic plan sets goals for promoting innovation through cross-disciplinary collaboration, among other themes.
Core Research Facilities