- Research development consultants assist faculty by conceptualizing the science of a proposal, strategizing team science and providing project management guidance.
Proposal Editing Services
- A seasoned editor of grant and contract applications is available to provide feedback with the goal of increasing the competitiveness of federal research proposals.
Virtual Open Door
The Research Enhancement Unit (REU) partners with researchers to identify funding opportunities and potential collaborators and provides consultations and services to help investigators form successful teams and develop winning proposals. To make all of these services more accessible, REU will host weekly open-door sessions via WebEx. These virtual sessions are open to anyone in the GW community that is looking for information about applying for sponsored research.
During these virtual “Open Door” sessions, investigators can:
- learn more about PIVOT and OVPR's InfoReady portal;
- find out how to create and automate PIVOT searches for funding opportunities for an individual or group of researchers;
- get help finding potential research collaborators; or
- get more information about intramural or limited submission competitions, including how to apply.
REU Open Door sessions will be held most Tuesday mornings from 9:00 – 10:30 am. No appointment required, just “walk in” and join the conversation!
Faculty Research Salons
- Designed to connect and engage GW faculty from diverse disciplines in collaborative intellectual and scholarly exchange around research-themed issues, questions and challenges.
- Salons are announced on our events page and in OVPR Research Updates.
Grant Writing Workshops and Grant Management “Boot Camps”
- Opportunities for GW faculty and research staff to learn the techniques of grantsmanship and how to manage sponsored awards.
Limited Submission Proposal Opportunities
- REU manages GW’s nomination and selection process for Limited Submission Opportunities.
Opportunities for Collaboration
- On-site presentations and workshops to facilitate interaction with potential sponsors
- Assisting PIs in building cross-disciplinary proposal teams
Strategic Career-Based Guidance for Investigators
- Helping faculty plan a roadmap for future success by considering strategic funding mechanisms and sponsors based on goals and stage of career.