Grant and contract proposals must be routed and approved internally before they are submitted to the sponsor.
All proposals must utilize Cayuse 424 for electronic routing and approval. Proposal routing is started when the principal investigator (PI) goes to “Routing and Approval” and checks the box next to their name. An e-mail alert is sent to the next level reviewer (typically the department chair) and so on, until the routing is complete.
The proposal should reach OVPR at least five business days before the deadline for submission.
Cayuse 424 is a web-based tool for creating, reviewing, approving and/or submitting sponsored projects proposals. The George Washington University (GW) uses Cayuse 424 to enter and electronically route all federal and non-federal research proposals (eliminating the need for the paper routing form). Cayuse is connected directly to grants.gov, and all grants.gov applications are submitted electronically via Cayuse.
Getting Started in Cayuse 424
- Login to Cayuse 424 using your GW NetID and password (if you cannot access Cayuse, please e-mail [email protected])
- Update your Professional Profile in Cayuse
- Create and electronically route a proposal in Cayuse
- (If you are a department chair or research dean or equivalent) Review and approve a proposal in Cayuse
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (503) 297-2108 x 201 (Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 8:00 pm ET, except Cayuse company holidays)
- Cayuse Help Center (registration required)
The Office of Sponsored Projects hosts regular Cayuse workshops. See the Resources & Training page for upcoming trainings.
Please contact your research administration pod.