A number of guidelines, policies and procedures relate to the administration of sponsored projects. These include GW policies, Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) procedures as outlined in the Sponsored Projects Handbook (PDF, GW Login Required), federal regulations and policies and sponsor guidelines and regulations.
On December 26, 2013, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements (Uniform Guidance or 2 CFR 200) for federal awards. The Uniform Guidance streamlines and supersedes guidance previously contained in eight separate OMB Circulars. Included in the new guidance are uniform administrative requirements (pre- and post-award), cost principles, audit requirements and definitions.
Helpful guidance materials created for GW faculty and staff include:
- Quick Guide for Principal Investigators (PDF)
- Changes from Uniform Guidance that Impact Proposal Submission (PDF)
- Checklist: Direct Charging Administrative Costs (DOC)
- Cost Principles Reference Guide (PDF)
- Participant Support Costs Guidance Document (PDF)
- Subrecipient or Contractor Determination Checklist (DOC)
There are a number of key GW policies that affect sponsored projects activity in areas of compliance, finance and research administration. GW's Office of Compliance and Privacy maintains all GW policies.